The back bears most of the body weight and this problem is more pronounced among people who are overweight because in their case, they have to carry the extra load of their excess weight.
The various causes for backache include poor posture, lack of exercise, too much stress, muscular tension, etc. Here are some home remedies to help you deal with this problem:
- If you are overweight, the first thing you should do is lose excess weight because then your back won't have to bear extra pressure.
- Massage your back with garlic oil and eucalyptus oil to seek relief from pain and inflammation.
- Drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of honey to soothe backpain.
- Deficiency of vitamin C makes one prone to backache. Therefore, increase the vitamin C intake in your diet.
- Apply a towel that has been squeezed after being soaked in hot salted water, on the back. Application of heat in this way will provide relief.
- Do not sit in the same position for several hours. Also, sit straight and do not stoop. A poor posturewill only worsen your backpain.